Low FODMAP Oven-Baked Pumpkin Risotto
Prep 10 mins
Cooking 45 mins
There’s something truly magical about a well-prepared risotto. The creamy texture, the blend of flavours and the comforting warmth it brings can turn any meal into a special occasion. But what if I told you you could achieve risotto perfection with minimal effort and time spent at the stove? Enter our Low FODMAP Oven-Baked Pumpkin Risotto—a mouthwatering dish that combines the sweetness of Japanese pumpkin with the savoury goodness of pancetta (or bacon), all enveloped in a luscious, cheesy risotto.
Best of all, this oven-baked pumpkin risotto isn’t just bursting with flavour but also low FODMAP and gluten-free, making it a friendly option for those with sensitive tummies.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 400g Japanese pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 40g pancetta or bacon
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1L low FODMAP vegetable stock, gluten-free if required
- 1/2 cup chardonnay
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
1. Preheat and Prepare: Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Start with the Pumpkin and Pancetta: Melt the butter with garlic-infused olive oil in a large cast-iron casserole dish over medium heat. Add the Japanese pumpkin cubes and pancetta (or bacon) and let them cook for about 5 minutes. This step infuses the dish with rich, savoury flavours.
3. Add the Rice and Sauté: Toss in the Arborio rice and stir to coat it in the melted butter. Sauté the rice for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. This helps bring out the nutty flavour of the rice.
4. Heat Up the Stock: In a separate saucepan, bring the low FODMAP vegetable stock to a boil.
5. Wine and Seasoning: Pour the chardonnay into the rice and stir until it’s absorbed. Now, add the hot stock, fresh sage leaves and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Bring everything to a boil, then cover the casserole dish with a lid.
6. Bake to Perfection: It’s time for the magic trick! Transfer your risotto from the stovetop to the preheated oven and let it bake for 30 minutes. This hands-off approach ensures your risotto cooks to perfection without constant stirring.
7. Finish with Creamy Cheesiness: Just before serving, stir in the grated parmesan cheese. This adds a creamy, cheesy goodness that beautifully ties all the flavours together.
8. Serve and Enjoy: Your Low FODMAP Oven-Baked Pumpkin Risotto is ready to dazzle taste buds. Serve it immediately, garnished with cracked pepper and an extra sprinkle of cheese if desired.
Our Oven-Baked Pumpkin Risotto offers a hassle-free way to enjoy the comfort and flavour of traditional risotto. Give it a try and let the oven do the work while you savour the delicious low FODMAP results!
Need more delicious low FODMAP recipes? Subscribe to FODMAPPER magazine today. 70+ low FODMAP recipes in every issue. Now available as a digital subsription, so you can read from anywhere in the world!
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter|
|1 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil|
|400g Japanese pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes|
|40g pancetta or bacon|
|1 1/2 cups Arborio rice|
|1L low FODMAP vegetable stock|
|1/2 cup chardonnay|
|5 fresh sage leaves|
|salt and pepper|
|1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve|